Monday, May 3, 2010

I’ve returned to the world of blogging… I tracked everything I ate over my birthday weekend, and it was all fabulous…. And very clear as to why I’m 40# overweight! Damn. I also may have found a flaw in my calories in/calories out theory, because even while tracking everything – the scale reads that I gained a whopping 4#. This is leading me to drink lots of water, (on my 3rd liter of the day), because I do NOT want to gain. Remain the same, okay with. Gain, not so okay with. And that calorie in/calorie out theory should lead me to a wash this week. Son of a gun.

Inner Fat Girl certainly did not pack today’s lunch of raw veggies, hummus, cottage cheese and perfectly portioned pretzels. She must have still been in a food coma from this weekend. But again, my birthday, so not that I deserved to binge and indulge, but it was worth it. I had one of the best weekends with my SO that I’ve had in a long time, and he put in a lot of effort to show just how much he loves me. Including treating me to a bottle of Dom Perignon for my present. (Also an adorable professional photo book of all the great times we've had over the past 5 years)

I’m looking into getting Internet down at our boat. I really like to at least be able to chime in on other bloggers, and it really keeps my own head straight about why I’m trying to gain control of my food life. It seems as though what we eat is a reflection on other areas of our life and if this falls in line, maybe I’ll have the discipline and confidence to achieve other things important to me. Lessons I believe that WL will teach me.

My boot camp instructor overslept today but we stuck around and did a group workout together. I also squeezed another 20 minutes on the elliptical. I also am so afraid of boot camp punishment that I’m heading to the gym again tonight for about 40 minutes because tomorrow will be birthday dinner with dear old day. He is making a lean protein, but also makes a mean garlic bread and dessert that I will need to plan for.

Happy Monday.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you had such a great birthday!!! As long as you get back on track, you will be just fine! Unfortunately, I let my birthday side track me for the last 2 months...but that's because I was way sick of dieting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to step up to the plate AC! I'm glad he was able to make is special for you...are you sure he's not gay? It's just that, a photo book....

    I'm just kidding it's a lovely gift, with tons of sentiment and there's nothing more that a girl can ask for; champers & a gift from the heart!!

    Good luck on flushing your system; I'm sure it's not really 4 #'s!

    ReplyDelete