Friday, May 7, 2010

Question Fridays - BYOC!

Happy Friday All! So looking forward to the weekend! Even though the weather is not so good, I have a challenge for myself this weekend. We have a boat on the river that we go to every weekend in the spring/summer/fall. There is a huge bluff that has a great park and amazing views from on top of it. My goal is to wake up bright and early tomorrow morning and run/walk up this thing. Its a mile and a half up of all steep hill, and then head back down. I really think its going to be hard but I'm so psyched up for this challenge! The picture below is from up top a few weeks ago (that we drove to the top to get!)

Second portion of this blog is the BYOC - Question part from Drazil's Blog.

1. Do you have any nicknames?
My grandma has called me “Nor Nor” since I was a baby. And she is the only one allowed to do so. Recently, the nickname “Norla” emerged, which is a long story involving AAA giving me a wrong membership card. My pet name from my bf is “Pie” – which also emerged from Norla. Thank you lazy AAA data entry person.

2. What was your “last straw”? The incident/situation that made you decide to get a lap band or commit to losing weight via any plan this time?
Hmmm. I think I am just tired of failing. I really wanted to be “hot” at SOME point in my 20’s, and I became tired of inaction. Time therefore life, keeps passing and I don’t want another goal to pass me by.

3. What’s your favorite joke or funny story?
Hilarious – because my favorite joke is also Drazil’s. So, now I’m stumped for a new one. Let’s see. Well, two years ago I broke my leg doing cartwheels. The funny part is, I was doing a lot of them and finally bf said, “You better stop that or you’re going to get hurt.” I replied, “Its okay – I have health insurance now.” (As I just had gone about 6 months without it and only had it for 11 days) Sure enough, my next cartwheel was also my last and I broke my leg.

4. If you could be a TV dinner – what flavor would you be?
Ummm. Can I pick my favorite meal in front of the TV? That would be pizza, sugary soda and ice cream for dessert. Otherwise – typically not a big fan of frozen meals.

5. The question we do every week so everyone can be a little famous without having to do an official blog award….what blog or comment stuck with you or spoke to you the most this week and why?
The blog that stuck with me most this week was from Confessions of a + Sized Girl. She talked about how scary change was, and also about her self-esteem, and instantly the next day took some ownership to make a little change in her life. (Blog dates 5/2 and 5/3). I really enjoyed it and thought about it often this past week about why I want what I do and what’s kept me from getting there before. Jenny also commented to me about a lame coworker with a comment that floored me, and makes shake my head about people and judgement.

Have a super Friday! Own it, Love it, Live it!

2 comments: