Friday, May 14, 2010

BYOC - and more t-pizzle stuff in blogland.

Not sure what to write today - I'm getting a massage afterwork, which will hopefully make me feel a little better about the Chipotle I inhaled ate for lunch today. I'm planning a relaxed evening, but a good workout for the morning. We'll see if I'll be hitting the streets or the gym - its a weather dependent decision.

1. If you could be a cartoon character – who would you be and why?
Does anyone remember the cartoon from the 90’s on MTV named “Daria”? I think I would so be Daria. Sarcastic, unathletic, and occasionally snaps. However – I also could totally be her sassy, ditzy, dramatic sister Quinn, but not quite as mean spirited.

2. Who was your teenage heart throb?
Can honestly say I didn’t have one. Did I miss out?

3. Do you believe being overweight is about a mental obstacle or do you believe it’s simply about overeating/food?
Hmmm. It’s probably a combination of both. I think if I knew the answer, it wouldn’t be such a lifelong battle for me. Everything that I read about the processed foods, the white flour and sugar, the high fructose corn syrup – I believe this stuff is not good for our bodies, although, not critical if enjoyed in moderation. But I also believe that a lot of people have gone through some painful sh*t, and instead of turning to alcohol, drugs (legal or illegal), food can fill a void like those other substances can. With that being said, it would be really hard to eat 10,000 calories of fruits and veggies, and not so hard of bread, pizza, ice cream, etc. Anytime I have a hard day, I don’t exactly (ever) say, “Pass the celery stick.”

4. What’s your all-time favorite song?
OOO! I love so many songs! I’m a music junky! Since I could never pick a favorite, a few in my top 10 are: “God Only Knows” and “Sloop John B” by the Beach Boys, “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey, “Living on a Prayer” by Bon Jovi, “I’m so lonesome I could cry” by Hank Williams, "Life by the Drop" by Steve Ray Vaugh and "Miss You" by Blink 182 and on and on and on. Sorry. Shall I list my whole Ipod or do you have better things to do?

5. Whose blog or comment spoke to you/stuck with you this week and why? This is our “you get to be famous for a moment” without having to follow all the rules of an official blog award question.
I loved Drazil’s feminine product blogs this week, because they made me laugh (it was a crabby, dreary week) and I’m typically that girl stuff like that happens to. Case in point – leaving Best Buy this morning, digging my keys out of my typically empty purse, the security guard is already staring me down and making me feel nervous – and out pops a t-pizzle and it rolls across the floor like a stolen CD. And – I don’t even have a reason to have that in my purse this week. I proceeded to pick it up, jam it in my damn purse, and continue the search for my keys (that were in my back pocket) outside. Not a super huge deal, but still embarrassing even at 27.

I also SO admired Amy W. for putting herself "out there" like she did, and she got feed back from so many people that made me feel not alone when I've had similar thoughts to hers. Also that she was brave enough to confront her feelings - when it could have been easier (i use the word loosely) to attempt to bury them.

2 comments:

  1. Ha - t-pizzle - I am so stealing that. Glad I could make you smile...though it was humiliating. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nora! Thank you so much for the kind words on my blog today. I doubt I'll quit blogging, I'm kind of addicted, I was just pissed at the comment. But it's all good now! Anyway, I remember Doria and Quinn...but for some reason can't remember what they look like. Hilarious! I'm going to go google them right now... ;)

    ReplyDelete