Tuesday, June 8, 2010

ISO - New Game Plan

For the past 9 weeks, I've been participating in Look Good Naked Bootcamp at my Anytime Fitness gym. Its 10 weeks long of 4 days per week, 5 optional Saturday workouts, nutrition guidance, workouts, etc. I did the program last summer, saw some decent results, and started up again this spring. That's right. Monday -Thursday, I drag my ass out of bed at 4:45 am to go to boot camp. (There's also an attendance policy.) I participate in the 30 minute "Express" boot camp. Something just clicked in me this time, and I have had better results with this 30 minute express boot camp than last summer's full hour long boot camp session. Well, I'm really disappointed, and so are my fellow express boot campers, to learn that the gym will only be offering one morning session this summer, from 5:30-6:30. My work schedule is changing so I start at 7 a.m., and I haven't got official approval yet if I can just attend 30 minutes of class  - which would result in missing out on ab work everyday, and the hour long is not paced as rapidly as the express class. Long, winded story short, if I don't start the next session of boot camp on July 12, WTF is going to be my new game plan? The accountability factor with attendance sheets and weekly weigh-ins and consequences has been so important, that I'm just not ready to be boot camp free yet.  And although last week, 4:45 am kicked my ass more than the class did, I do have a routine, a rhythm, a lifestyle I've started.

Alright, alright. Enough whining, I know. Certainly there are worse things in life that have happened. I'm just super disappointed in the gym right now. But don't worry, they've received an email voicing my concern. I think its all about getting in the right frame of mind that someone might not be there in the next few months to hold me accountable like they do now and I'll have to depend on my own discipline to keep getting me up and to the gym at 4:45 am.

In this session, there are 6 classes left. Two this week, and four next week. I decided that I'm going to do my "detox" beginning Sunday, June 20 for a week. Its a very easy, not very intense cleanse I received from a personal trainer a few years back. Its basically no fat, flour, dairy, or sugar (other than naturally occurring in fruits), and Yerba Mate tea with each meal for a week. I'm expecting 3 days of headaches from the lack of my lovers, starches and white carbs, then I actually feel energized and ready to take on the world.

Hope the sun is shining where you are - its rainy, gray and windy here. Looks like I'll hit the gym instead of weed-whacking the yard tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment